WHAT ARE COMMUNITY GROUPS ALL ABOUT?
If the local church is likened to a family, Community Groups are the immediate family in the local church, whereas the Worship Gatherings are like family reunions. You love your entire family, gather to worship Jesus with your entire family, and are committed to your entire family’s good, but you live and are more specifically in your everyday life with your immediate family.
Community Groups exist to be smaller gatherings of Ekklesia that are living on mission together to see Jesus known, praised, and exalted. This is sought after by loving each other like Jesus loves us, loving our cities like Jesus loves us, reaching the lost with the gospel, and discipling the saved in the gospel. Community Groups feed off of the pervious Sunday’s sermon that was preached as Ekklesia gathered for worship.
HOW DO WE SEEK TO FULFILL THIS PURPOSE?
The purpose of Community Group’s is fulfilled as the members of each Community Group meet weekly in each other’s homes and various places to:
1) Study the Bible, discuss the Bible, and apply the truth of the Bible in each other’s lives, remembering and clinging to the fact that the entire Bible is about Jesus (John 5:39, 2 Corinthians 1:20, & Luke 24:25-27).
2) Love one another by praying for one another, encouraging one another in the gospel, listening intently to one another, calling each other to repentance when needed, helping each other repent to Jesus, and bearing one another’s burdens with willingness and patience.
3) Physically and Spiritually care for one another especially in times of sickness or poverty or depression.
4) Be honest with one another by being transparent with your struggles, hardships, and doubts. Also, make it a regular practice to confess sin to one another and seek to repent of sin with the support of your group by the grace of God.
5) Live on mission together with Jesus to lead holy lives in response to the gospel of Jesus, reach the lost with the gospel of Jesus, and disciple the saved in the gospel of Jesus.
Community Groups are a great place to bring non-believers so that they can meet other Christians and begin to develop relationships with Jesus’ people and witness how the gospel pertains to all of life.
GROUPS & LEADERS
Brandon and Joanna lead a group that meets on Wednesday evenings
in Fort Gibson.
Brett and McClain lead a group that meets on Tuesday evenings
near downtown Muskogee.
Ryan and Adrienne lead a group that meets on Wednesday evenings
Megan leads a group that is specifically for single woman and meets on Wednesday evenings
on the East side of Muskogee.
James and Chelsea lead a group that meets on Wednesday evenings
on the East side of Muskogee.
Chase and Alyssa lead a group that meets on Wednesday evenings
Jake and Kassy lead a group that meets on Wednesday evenings
on the Southwest side of Muskogee.
Kelten and Melissa lead a group that meets on Thursday evenings
on the Northwest side of Muskogee.
We have Community Groups on various evenings that meet on the East side and West side of Muskogee, Oktaha, and Checotah. If you would like to get connected to a Community Group, come to a Worship Gathering on Sunday or email email@example.com and we will get you more information to get you plugged in.
WHAT DOES AN AVERAGE WEEK LOOK LIKE IN A COMMUNITY GROUP?
Community Groups focus on praying for one another and the world, sharing meals, discussing scripture, sharing doubts and concerns, helping call each other follow Jesus, and working together to make disciples, love cities, and plant churches.